Eucalypt is the AAFGB bi-annual magazine produced in May and November and is an important means by which the Association and its members keep in touch.
Eucalypt is also an excellent resource document providing news on the ideas, innovation, challenges, events, successes and failures of the members who contribute articles. Information from the Committee's activities, Botanic Gardens of Australia and New Zealand (BGANZ) and other matters of interest to Members are also included. Originally called Campsis, the magazine was renamed in 2015 to correspond with the AAFBG's new name and logo.
Members are notified well in advance of each publication to prepare and forward their contributions. Photographs and information about important calendar events are also very welcome. Contributions are required by 30 March for the May issue and by 30 September for the November issue.
Members receive both an electronic and posted copy.
Eucalypt is currently produced by members of Friends of ANBG Canberra on behalf of the AAFBG Committee, with the distribution by the AAFBG administration.
Eucalypt articles are forwarded by email to or by post to Anne Rawson, Friends of ANBG, GPO Box 1777, Canberra ACT 2601.
Click on the item to view as a pdf (portable document file). Get the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Eucalypt Magazine No. 59, May 2022 (PDF)
In this issue
Eucalypt! Edition 59 of our newsletter.
Reports from the President Linda Beveridge, Secretary Bob Ducrou.
Catch up with news from Friends:
- Queen Elizabeth II Jubilee Walk and Woodland Walk page 1
- President's report, Linda Beveridge, page 3
- Secretary's report, Bob Ducrou, page 5
- Conferences & AGM, page 6
- Helping to Administer AAFBG, page 7
- Sharing Inspiration, Guiding for People, Plants & Planet, Volunteer Guides at the Royal Botanic Gardens Victoria, page 8
- Ancient giants and and ancient plants, Friends of Australian Botanic National Gardens, Canberra ACT, page 9
- The best kept secret! Friends of the Ballarat Botanical Gardens, Ballarat VIC, page 10
- Why trees grow up straight, (mostly...) Friends of Maroochy Regional Bushland Botanic Gardens, Tanawha QLD, page 12
- Money, at last. Friends of Australian Arid Lands Botanic Gardens, Port Augusta SA, page 13
- Tiny forests. Friends of Wollongong Botanic Garden, Wollongong NSW, page 14
- Visiting Noosa Botanic Gardens, Friends of Gold Coast Regional Botanic Gardens, Gold Coast QLD, page 15
- BGCI appeal for botanic gardens in Ukraine, page 16
Eucalypt Newsletter No. 59 November 2022 (pdf)
Eucalypt Magazine No. 58, May 2022 (pdf)
Eucalypt Magazine No. 57, November 2021 (pdf)
Eucalypt Magazine No. 56, May 2021 (pdf)
Eucalypt Magazine No. 55, November 2020 (pdf)
Eucalypt Newsletter No. 54, May 2020 (pdf 19 pages)
Eucalypt Newsletter No. 53, November 2019 (pdf 16 pages)
Eucalypt Newsletter No. 52, May 2019 (pdf 20 pages)
Eucalypt Newsletter No. 51, November 2018 (pdf 20 pages)
Eucalypt Newsletter No. 50, May 2018 (pdf 24 pages)
Eucalypt Newsletter No. 49, November 2017 (pdf 19 pages)
Eucalypt Newsletter No. 48, April 2017 (pdf 17 pages)
Our archive of Campsis Newsletters from 2000 to 2016 is located here.