Currently 58 Friends of Botanic Gardens groups from capital city, suburban and rural and regional botanic gardens and a few Arboreta, and 4 affiliate members of Botanic Gardens groups. The individual groups vary in size and complexity from a membership of 20 Friends to approximately 3000.
All States of Australia are represented, however for historical reasons, the majority of Botanic Gardens Friends groups are in Victoria.
Friends groups outside Australia are welcome to join the Association as "Affiliate Members". Affiliate members currently include Friends groups from New Zealand, South Africa, Fiji and Scotland.
Benefits of Membership
Joining the Association provides many benefits and pleasures for members.
Communication and enjoyment:
- Network with others to share ideas, knowledge and information and events with Friends throughout Australia and overseas.
- Have access to the contact details of other Friends’ groups throughout Australia.
- List your Friends group on the Association national website.
- Exhibit garden/Friends photographs on the website members' gallery.
- Promote major events, activities and news on the website.
- Contribute to Campsis, the Association's bi-annual newsletter.
- Receive a static webpage free of charge if other internet exposure is not available or is limited.
- Feature your garden location nationally by hosting an AAFBG conference.
- Send delegates to the Association’s conference and National Voluntary Guides’ conferences held in alternating years.
- Become an Associate Member of BGANZ (page 24 of Info Kit) and have access to the numerous BGANZ resources.
- Attend the BGANZ regional study days and seminars.
- Membership fees waived, due to costs involved in foreign exchange.
- A ‘link’ on the AFBG website will be provided.
- Members receive all email communications, information, and newsletters.
- Members have the option to contribute articles to the AAFBG newsletter Campsis and attend AAFBG Conferences and Guide Conferences.
Membership Information & Application Brochure
Membership Information & Application Brochure pdf file
New Membership Forms
New Members Application Form Doc file
New Members Application Form pdf file
Affiliate Membership Forms
Affiliate Members Application Form Doc file
Affiliate Members Application Form pdf file
RENEW YOUR MEMBERSHIP ONLINE
Fill in and submit the following form. A copy of the form will be sent to your nominated email address. If you have any questions or issues with the form, please contact us on .