Eucalypt is the AAFGB bi-annual newsletter produced in May and November and is an important means by which the Association and its members keep in touch.
Eucalypt is also an excellent resource document providing news on the ideas, innovation, challenges, events, successes and failures of the members who contribute articles. Information from the Committee's activities, Botanic Gardens of Australia and New Zealand (BGANZ) and other matters of interest to Members are also included. Originally called Campsis, the newsletter was renamed in 2015 to correspond with the AAFBG's new name and logo.
Members are notified well in advance of each publication to prepare and forward their contributions. Photographs and information about important calendar events are also very welcome. Contributions are required by 30 March for the May issue and by 30 September for the November issue.
Members receive both an electronic and posted copy.
Eucalypt is currently produced by members of Friends of ANBG Canberra on behalf of the AAFBG Committee, with the distribution by the AAFBG administration.
Eucalypt articles are forwarded by email to or by post to Anne Rawson, Friends of ANBG, GPO Box 1777, Canberra ACT 2601.
Click on the item to view as a pdf (portable document file). Get the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Eucalypt Newsletter No. 51, November 2018 (PDF 20 pages)
In this issue
Eucalypt! Edition 51 of our newsletter.
Reports from the President Dennis Ayliffe, Secretary Elizabeth Gilfillan; and Admin Officer Ro Noone.
Catch up with news from Friends:
- Go with Friends to Singapore
- In times of drought - Rosemary Noone
- AGM 19 July 2019 hosted by Foundation and Friends of the Botanic Gardens Limited
- I love visiting member Gardens - Dennis Ayliffe
- Supporting through communication - Elizabeth Gilfillan
- Art in the Gardens - Friends of the Australian National Botanic Gardens, Canberra ACT
- Stunning Horti-couture - Friends of Brisbane Botanic Gardens & Sherwood Arboretum, Brisbane QLD
- Celebrating Andrew Smith's 30 years - Friends of Burnley Gardens, Burnley VIC
- Refurbishing historic fountain - Friends of Hamilton Botanic Gardens, Hamilton VIC
- Creating an award winning island - Friends of Melton Botanic Garden, Melton VIC
- Where Council and Friends work together - Friends of Moama Echuca Botanic Gardens, Moama NSW
- WARM TREES in cold Canberra - Friends of National Arboretum Canberra, Canberra ACT
- Tastes of Orange! 30 years young - Friends of Orange Botanic Gardens, Orange NSW
- In the top ten in Australia and the world! Friends of Australian Arid Lands Botanic Gardens, Port Augusta, SA
- More news from AALBG
- Royal Tasmanian Botanical Gardens celebrating 200 years
- Floods and fallen giants - Friends of Royal Tasmanian Botanic Gardens, Hobart TAS
- Co-operation, communication, compromise - Friends of Warrnambool Botanic Gardens, Warrnambool VIC
- 16th Australasian Botanic Guides Conference 'Beauty rich & rare', 16 to 20 September 2019, Kings Park and Botanic Garden, Perth WA
Eucalypt Newsletter No. 51, November 2018 (pdf 20 pages)
Eucalypt Newsletter No. 50, May 2018 (pdf 24 pages)
Eucalypt Newsletter No. 49, November 2017 (pdf 19 pages)
Eucalypt Newsletter No. 48, April 2017 (pdf 17 pages)
Our archive of Campsis Newsletters from 2000 to 2016 is located here.