ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
Saturday 20 May 2017 – Crosbie-Morrison Room, Australian National Botanic Gardens, Black Mountain, Canberra.
1000 – Morning tea. Welcome from Host President and AAFBG President (Crosbie-Morrison Room).
1030 - Registration of delegates from Member groups for voting purposes.
1100 – AAFBG Annual General Meeting.
1145 – Guest Speaker (ANBG Executive Director, Dr Judy West)
1215 - 1315 Lunch.
1330 - Presentation by Glenys Bishop (ANBG Friends) on 2017 Guides Conference.
1315 – Presentation by 2018 Conference Hosts, Benalla Botanical Gardens.
1400 – Guided walks of ANBG.
1500 - AAFBG Committee meeting.
Sunday 21 May 2017 - National Arboretum (Forest Drive off Tuggeranong Parkway, Weston Creek, ACT)
- Welcome and Introduction. Visitors arrive at the Terrace Room for welcome by Trish Keller, OAM, Chair of the Friends of the Arboretum and Friends representative on the Council of the Friends of the ANBG.
- Terrace Walk. Visitors divide into 2 or 3 groups for an extended Terrace Walk, starting from different starting points and moving in different directions.
- Morning Tea 10.10-10.30 in the Terrace Room.
- Forest and Garden Walks.
Visitors to choose one of three longer walks:
- Southern Tablelands Environment Park.
- Walk to Dairy Farmers Hill Lookout.
- Gardens close up.
Visitors wishing to stay for lunch can purchase a meal and drinks at the Sprout Café and tables will be reserved in the Village Centre. Please note that the program does NOT include lunch.
To avoid possibly long queues and crowds in the Village Centre, it is possible to pre-order and pre-pay for sandwich lunches and have lunch in the Terrace Room.
What to wear. Please wear outdoor shoes and bring a jacket as the Arboretum site can be windy. Bad weather -The visit will go ahead even in wet weather with a modified program. Travel - Visitors to make their own way to the NAC. Bus services are infrequent. Parking - Parking is available in the Main Car Park, $7.00 per day to cover full program.